Job: Director – Digital Cultures Research Centre, University of the West of England

Job: Director – Digital Cultures Research Centre, University of the West of England*
Ref: 1294903

The Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education is seeking to appoint a Director for the Digital Cultures Research Centre (DCRC) at Associate Professor level. A professorial appointment may be available for an exceptional candidate who matches the University’s professorial criteria.

The post represents an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and dynamic candidate to provide the vision and leadership required for a highly successful and multi-disciplinary research centre. Applicants will have an excellent record of research in a related field, and the skills to lead a talented and ambitious team. Proven ability in attracting external income, leading and developing funding bids and managing projects is desirable.

More details after the jump

The DCRC is a lead partner in the Pervasive Media Studio, a creative and open innovation lab located in Watershed, at the the heart of Bristol’s Harbourside. Bringing together a community of artists, creative companies, technologists and academics, the Pervasive Media Studio environment is vital in supporting the DCRC blend of critical, creative and applied research. It also serves as a base for the DCRC postgraduate community, MA teaching and graduate internships.

We are looking for an entrepreneurial approach to innovation in learning, teaching and research – enabling the DCRC’s varied activities to inform undergraduate and postgraduate curricula, and student experience. Proven evidence of innovative curriculum development is an advantage.

The post is full time and permanent, with the Directorship offered as 40% of a total workload allocation. The remaining 60% is negotiable with the Head of Department.

Appointment is normally within the salary range of £45,941 – £54,826 per annum, commensurate with experience and achievement.

Further information is available at:

For an informal discussion please contact Professor Gaynor Attwood on 0117 3284101 or Gaynor Attwood

Applications for this post must be submitted using our online eRecruitment system, which can be accessed via our vacancies website:

Closing date: 3 February 2013

UWE is an equal opportunities employer.

Become a DiGRA Member

Join the premier international association for professionals, academics, developers and other individuals interested in the evolving fields of digital gaming and game studies.